The Modern World of Counselling including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Counselling and CBT were once the exclusive domain of the professional therapist, but no longer. New insights into human behaviour have helped remove the subject's mystique, making the activity more client-focused and therefore more approachable as a topic of training. With the courses, techniques and support of the Institute's tutors, counselling skills or CBT skills can be acquired by anyone ready and willing to learn.
The Background of Current Students
We currently have students from: nursing, teaching, social work, voluntary sector, clergy and pastoral, human resources, prison services, probationary services, police officers … as well as people simply looking to make a career change or extend their current qualifications.
What kind of course do I need? How will I learn? What can you offer me?
- Our Certificate Course is appropriate when a student is either entering counselling or has a specific need such as expanding knowledge and skills in grief and bereavement counselling.
- Our Diploma Course is appropriate when a student wishes to extend their level of expertise and practice beyond certificate and gain more indepth knowledge and skills.
- Our Workshops are appropriate when a student wishes to meet others, share knowledge and practice methods and techniques.
- What is our method of teaching?
- If English is not my dominant language what proficiency level do I need to complete the course?
- What is the difference between CPD courses and University Accredited Courses?
- Do the courses attract ILA Funding?
- Have you any other questions? View our FAQs
For second and subsequent courses we offer all students a 10% discount across our range of courses however this cannot be used in addition to any “spotlight” discounts.
If you are enrolling on-line please request your discount code by telephoning (0141 204 2230) or send an email to Admin@instituteofcounselling.org.uk.
If 5 or more of you wish to enrol on any of our courses (these can be different courses for each of you) at the same time we will give the following discounts:
- 5-9 we will give 15% off
- 10 - 30 we will give 20% off
- 30+ we will give 25% off
Please note if the course requested is already discounted we will give the higher of the two discounts to the relevant course.
The Institute of Counselling
The Institute of Counselling has over 25 years of experience in offering education and training courses in counselling theory and practice. More recently our programme has been expanded to include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at both Certificate and Diploma Level.
We have current students from the NHS, Teaching, Human Resources, Social Work, Voluntary Sector and other caring professions from all over the world with successful students now numbering over 30,000.
Additionally we can work with organisations in customising training and education to meet specific needs e.g. Helping HR functions manage the growing problems of Attendance Management using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. We also offer Coaching, Mentoring and other helping intervention courses.
Depending on needs we offer on-line courses supporting Continuous Professional Development as well as University accredited modules making up the Certificates and Diplomas awarded by the Institute. They cover the spectrum of counselling knowledge and skills from foundation level to more specific topics such as grief and bereavement, couples and families and crisis and trauma.
"The course has helped me develop my counselling skills. It has added a completely new dimension to my work and my confidence has grown leaps and bounds."
- Jan Sutton Author and Counsellor