Certificate in Crisis Counselling
Why take this course?
This course is directed towards the student with basic knowledge of counselling. However it also caters for those already working in the field of counselling or those who are employed in the helping professions.
The premises of Crisis Counselling are that:
- People need people and can help one another
- In moments of crisis most people may not need or find immediate professional help
- Especially in moments of crisis or trauma counsellors might not be available
- Lay persons who are highly motivated and carefully trained can be effective counsellors
- Talking and sharing is therapeutic when the client finds an empathetic listener
- Relating to human needs in this way is an appropriate clinical and pastoral ministry