Continued Professional Development (CPD)
A CPD Certificate is awarded to all successful students in addition to their Course Certificate or Diploma. This CPD Certificate is an Institute of Counselling award that recognises the students’ continuing professional development. This applies to all our courses. The Institute’s programme of courses provides:
- a comprehensive range of courses from introductory level to advanced counselling or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) knowledge and skills
- training for those who use counselling or CBT skills in the workplace or private practice
- training for individuals who seek to acquire skills for crisis management
- opportunities to learn about the psychological insights to help underpin counselling or CBT practice
- training for those who require access to counselling or CBT skills to help clients
Our courses are open to all who will benefit from them. The English Language proficiency requirements apply only to our credit rated courses - see below.
For our credit rated courses proof of English Language proficiency achieved within two years prior to the course application must be produced. For all students normally this will be:
- IELTS 6.5 (with no subtest less than 6)
- ibTOEFL 92 (with no less than 20 in listening, 20 in writing, 20 in reading and 20 in speaking.)
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – B minimum or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) – C minimum
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE minimum score of 60 with a minimum 59 in all sub-tests.
We are an educational partner with Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) and have course modules credit rated by both them and the University of the West of Scotland (UWS). You will see in our course details that our flagship Diploma in Clinical and Pastoral Counselling Skills course is credit rated with 120 points at Level 9 in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) by GCU . (See www.scqf.org.uk for further information on credit rating and how this relates across Britain and Europe). Our UWS credit rated modules making up our certificate courses attract 20 points at SCQF Level 8. Our own Diplomas that have their modules credit rated by UWS attract 40 points at SCQF Level 8 in total. It is our intention to year on year increase the number of our courses which are credit rated using the SCQF .